Tuesday, July 28, 2009

stuff

Sorry for my lack of posts over the past week. After Nate was finally feeling better from his pneumonia, it was my turn to be sick. I have spent the past 5 days literally laying in in bed with a fever. I am now on antibiotics and can see the light at the end of the tunnel. No, not that light..the one pulling me towards it as I die..but..the one where things will return to normal around here.
Dan probably thinks that I am totally cuckoo but I can't help but obsess on this dumpster and it's contents. I saw the family move out a few weeks ago, with a moving truck, and several trips with cars packed to the brim. So imagine my surprise when this large heaping dumpster and supplemental mound on the sidewalk grass appeared yesterday after their final 'go through' of the house.
Where did all of this stuff come from? I guess that is why I am so intrigued (or is a better word bothered?) by this large mound of stuff. I don't collect stuff and hoard it through the years if I don't use it. I hate clutter. I don't over-consume. I feel guilty throwing stuff away if it can be used by another. This pile just represents disposable America to me. It made me think of this video. Are you a 'stuff' collector?

1 comment:

Autumn and Dan's family said...

Same thoughts on the dumpster! Seriously, that is a lot of stuff/junk!!!! I couldn't imagine surrounding myself with all that trash. I'm sorry you got the bug and I'm glad you aren't seeing THAT light.