Tuesday, August 28, 2012

I've still got it!

 On our drive home from the beach, we stopped at the Dairy Queen in West Salem for some lunch.  This was especially fun for me, because I worked at this Dairy Queen all through my high school years, and even a summer when I was in college.  I was the Dairy Queen.  I even remember when Blizzards were introduced back in 1985.  We had to crush the candy by hand.  Anyways....I digress. 
I have always said that I would love to go back for just one day and make all of the scrumpdillyicious treats again.  So  after I told the young workers that I had worked there 30 years ago we had an instant kinship.  I figured this was my one chance to give it a 'swirl' again, so I asked if I could make my own cones.  Thankfully, the young fellow thought that I was kind of funny and he let me do it.  I nailed both of the cones that I made with the perfect DQ swirl on the top! I happily handed them to Chris and Nate and they enjoyed those cones like no others.
 I can mark that one off of the bucket list.

No comments: