Saturday, September 1, 2012

This makes us 'other people'

Last year amidst the chaos of having my dad  in the hospital and clinging to the last few days that he would have on this earth, I remember my mom telling me the story and words that my grandma had said when my grandpa was sick and dying almost 45 years ago. 
 "Well, this makes us other people, doesn't it?" she said.
 Because, as you know, these types of scary, sad, and heartbreaking life events are the kind of things that happen to other families.   Not yours.  Not mine.  Just other people.
On Thursday, my mom was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.  This makes us  'other people' again.
Please send your love, well-wishes, prayers, good-vibes, strength and light our way as we begin this journey.
I know that she'll fight the fight, but dang~it just really sucks.

No comments: