Friday, November 20, 2009

Recycling at it's best

Toilet paper rolls. Egg cartons. Cottage cheese tubs. Spinach tubs. Milk cartons. If I want them to make it to the recycling bin I have to act fast---and not let Christopher see the empty item with all it's potential.
Above is a plastic bin that some spinach came in. He had already laid claim to it as it sat in the refrigerator full of leafy greens. "Mom, can I have that spinach container when you're done?" "Sure, Buddy."
This one was turned into a bank, with a slot in the top, and $ signs on each end.
Sometimes it just drives me crazy because I just.want.it.to.be.in.the.recycle.bin. But then as I rinse out an old milk carton, or scrounge around for an old plastic water bottle, I do remind myself how lucky I am to have bright and creative kids. Anyone in the market for some NASA rockets? We happen to have a few.......thanks to Dasani water bottles, some paper, and tape.

No comments: