Monday, August 31, 2009

Pacific City 2009

Our annual pilgrimage to the beach. Good times were had by all. Here are some highlights.
Chris and Nate upon arrival. Shortly after this picture, Nate was knocked down by a wave and was rolled into shore, gasping for breaths by the end of it. It was awful. The sea always wins.
Action shot of Susan and Mark hauling Ella and Grace down the sand hill.
Cousins! 4 days/3 nights and not one fight between the 7 of them. They love each other and have so much fun together.
Chris flying his kite on a very windy day at the Oregon Coast. Hold on tight!
Typical scene on the beach.
Dan took the boys fishing at Town Lake. Nothing caught, except for this lovely dragonfly.
Even dragonfly for bait didn't help.
Our favorite beach game--down, set, steal!
The view looking out from the deck to the huge sand dune about 2 miles down the beach.
Chris and Nate on top of that very dune! It was very windy. They cruised to the top like madmen. I attempted to get to the top but only made it half way before I quit and just sat in the sand...it was tough! Thankfully these boys have some brains in their heads, because they were at the top w/o any parental supervision, the view over the backside is an absolutely gorgeous fright. They stayed back from the drop and waited for the rest of the troops to arrive.
Mark, Claudine, and Catie at the summit.
Susan, Caroline, Ella, and Grace at the top.
I think I can, I think I can....
Don't call me a quitter! The next day Mark, Susan, Grace and I went back and I found my way to the top, too. It was a beautiful view! Ella....just being cute in the sand.

Dog pile!! Poor Grace and Susan after a rousing round of down-set-steal.
Um, hello deer! Craziest thing that 2 deer came right to our beach house that was 75 yards from the ocean. I think they were lost. They liked the french bread though!
Nate and Catie Lou flying a kite.
We can't wait to do it again next year...and it will be here before we know it!

No comments: