Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Oh, the memories.

Hey don't laugh. I probably had about 25 kids needing my attention and about 3 minutes to throw this beautiful painted tile together. Lovely, huh?
Today was a fun day. I had a substitute teaching job back at the school where I taught for 7 years before having the boys and leaving my career behind. It was fun to see some old familiar faces of people who are still there, and to see that the Spanish Dual Immersion program that I helped to get going from the ground up is still going strong 8 years later.
I was taken aback as I dropped the students off at their music class and found a legacy project that every student and teacher did back in 2000 (remember, after Y2K?). Right there was my tile along with so many other students and teachers who were such a big part of my life back then.

No comments: