Sunday, January 29, 2012

I was Pinspired!

I have to admit, this whole Pinterest craze has sucked me right in. I love looking through all of the ideas and gathering fun ideas. I have never been a crafty sort of gal, but darn it anyway! I just knew that I could do something. One thing that caught me eye was a whole website that I found linked to Pinterest which had beautiful stuff that was made out of those free paint swatches that are displayed at all home improvement departments. Beautiful colors. simple. free. I was bound and determined to make something happen this weekend.
I felt like a thief and a poser as I plucked the colors that I wanted off of the rainbow palette at Home Depot yesterday. I kept wondering, are they on to me? Or do I look like a lady who really wants to test out 45 different color combinations for a bedroom at my house?
I decided to make a banner of hearts out of Valentine colors, since it's the next holiday coming up. Not only was it fun, I actually like my final product and have it hanging in the living room. Hot glue gun, string and color swatches doesn't even come close to what one of my friends can do with banners....but it's a start. What shall I make next? Oh, and Autumn, you might just have to include me at your next craft night. There's a new banner-making-lady in town!

1 comment:

Autumn and Dan's family said...

You know, you can buy the paint sample books at scrap. I bought one to punch shapes out for Rhett's preschool memory book...way before Pinterest! :) Awesome banner! I "pinned" that heart banner too! Good job Kathy!