Saturday, September 25, 2010

What a Week!

Wow. What a week it has been. This whole job thing happened so fast. I heard about the position last Wednesday, got a call from HR on Thursday, interviewed on Friday, and was offered the job on Monday. I signed my paperwork on Tuesday, and started on Wednesday. How's that for an action packed week?...and I wasn't even looking for a full time position. But sometimes you just have to listen to the whispers and realize that some things are just meant to be.
My new classroom as I found it. Desks, chairs, shelves, and tons of old stuff crammed into the cupboards. My work was cut out for me. I needed to have this room ready for 20 little first graders come this Monday morning.
This is how I left my classroom on Friday afternoon. Names on tables, calendar up to date, morning message ready for circle time, and pencils sharpened.
Of course, this means huge changes for our family, since I have been at home with the boys since they were born 6 1/2 years ago. Team Moore is ready for the challenge.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

What!? Wow! Congratulations! I can't wait to hear all about it!
Wendy