Monday, June 7, 2010

May 31-June 4 was a rough week


I sure have not been good about putting up a blog on here lately. I guess that my mind has been elsewhere being sad and worrying about a few different things.

My sister's dear friends in Seattle lost their 9 year old daughter, Sarah, last Monday. She had a very aggressive brain tumor that she fought for 2 years. This little girl was so loved by so many, and will be so very missed.

Another extremely sad and scary situation in Portland last Friday was the disappearance of a 7 year old boy, Kyron Horman, who seems to have vanished from the hallway of his elementary school, Skyline. The search continues, with hundreds of law enforcement officials (including brother Mark) working together 24/7 to bring this boy home. This kind of thing doesn't happen in Portland, Oregon.

Both of these situations are completely heartbreaking. As a mom, I can't fathom how I would handle either of them. It has definitely been a week full of counted blessings, a few tears, and lots of extra snuggles and kisses around here.

No comments: