Monday, June 28, 2010

Fort Stevens Yurt Camping

What a gorgeous weekend it was on the Oregon Coast! We camped in a yurt at Fort Stevens State Park...the 'largest campground in the West', I was told by Mr. Park Ranger.
So much to do in so little time. Of course, we spent time playing at the beach.
Exploring the shipwreck of the Peter Iredale, which became grounded in 1906! Very cool.
Poking around the historic site of the Fort Stevens barracks. Phew! We all made it out alive.
Camping at the yurt. I got a chuckle as I was downloading this picture. There is always a shot of me, sitting casually aside the fire, with the boys poking at the coals. The funny thing is, this shot is usually taken when all the dinner prep is done, there is a bit of down-time, and Dan grabs the camera which has been in my pocket all day. Ah, such a lady of leisure.
Did I say how great the weather was on this trip? We were ALL happy about that!
Dinner was particularly tasty! Roasted orange and red peppers, corn on the cob, grilled baby red potatoes in garlic, and spicy chicken sausages. Delish! I think that I am going to write a cookbook that is titled 'Camp Food: How to Cook Absolutely Everything on Aluminum Foil'
We've sure got that mastered.

No comments: