Sunday, October 18, 2009

Fall at it's finest

This weekend all of the colors really popped on the trees of Portland. Red, yellow, orange. This little ghost that the boys made hangs in one of the trees out front. So frightful!
Our trees (Scarlet Oaks) are starting to get some red leaves. These leaves will be the last ones standing in the dead of Winter.
Nate and I took a walk around the block this afternoon. Whoever lives at this house really needs to rake some leaves.
These leaves are on my neighbor Autumn's tree. It's my favorite one in the whole neighborhood, and I get to stare at it out my kitchen window during this season while it is in all it's glory.
Oh, and we we went to the zoo this morning to check out the new African exhibit, Predators of the Serengeti. It was awesome and I loved the lions....they are like super-sized Harry cats. Absolutely beautiful.

1 comment:

CrazyTravelers said...

What beautiful colors! Love the picture of Nate in the 'forest'.