Friday, May 1, 2009

art

I look at these pictures every morning in our bedroom and just love them. I thought that I should post them on here. About 3 years ago, and friend/neighbor of ours had just had twin boys and I was visiting them when I saw the most amazingly detailed and cute artwork in their nursery. I asked Stacey where she got them and she told me that she had drawn them. I was in awe and told Dan about her work when I got home. Being the good husband that he is, he contacted her and had her create 2 drawings just for me as an upcoming anniversary present. The one above is my favorite with two dogs...very similar, yet very much their own creatures. Notice that one is a little bit bigger than the other? You can probably tell which dog represents which boy, but if you can't you can get a clue from the letter in the dog collar. (double click on picture to see the details)
Two birds with lots of blue and orange in the picture. (go Gators!) The details are just amazing in her work.
.....and since I'm showing some art, I can't forget the canvas painting that Dan had painted for me by his co-worker's wife, Erin Sorenson for our one year anniversary & birth of Chris and Nate. This is a large painting and hangs above our bed. The boys always ask who is holding who in the picture. (it's kind of a competition thing, and they still don't have a straight answer from us because it wasn't designed that way) And don't forget good ol' Sadie Cat (appropriately depicted with one crossed eye!)

No comments: