Saturday, April 13, 2013

Giraffe Painting

 Nate and I had a date last night.  Just the two of us.  We went to Vine Gogh, where I was a few weeks ago and painted my chicken.  When I saw that the painting of the evening was a giraffe, I knew that I had to sign Nate up for the class.  He loves Giraffes.
 The place was filled with adults, and Nate was the only kid there.  He just made the cut, since 9 years old is the minimum age for the evening classes.   Phew!
 It's starting to come to life.  Nate was eye-level with the nostrils (which at times looked like the eyes!), and I think that at times getting the perspective of the whole giraffe was challenging.  Always good to step back and take a look!  That's what artists do.
 After 2+ hours of painting on a Friday night (and definitely past his bedtime!) I could see Nate's steam running out.  But he felt good about his painting and had tons of fun!
The finished product.  Of course, Nate wanted to add the signature mole to giraffe's chin.  This way, there will be no mistaking who the artist was.  I love it!

No comments: