Sunday, February 12, 2012

Mama's Getaway

Ah, what a great weekend it was! I went away to the coast with 4 other mamas for two nights and stayed at Arch Cape....my favorite Oregon beach. We stayed at a wonderful rental house and filled our time with yummy food, fun drinks, games, laughs, walks, and a few other things.
It was awesome. I'm certain we'll do it again.
Our beach house was really a good fit, as it made us all feel like we stepped back in time with all kinds of kitschy stuff straight out of the 1950's and 60's. The same dishes that my granny had, a turntable and old albums, aprons that tied at the waist, drawers of vintage utensils, etc. My favorite find at the house...boxes and rings of recipe cards that a very meticulous housewife gathered and sorted.
Very Mad Men, indeed!
Megan, Kathy, Cindy, Amy and Amy.
Put a bird on it.
My view from the kitchen table as I sipped my coffee this morning at sunrise.

No comments: