Saturday, September 6, 2008

Go, Dog. Go!

I think these boys are more than ready to start pre-k on Monday. They're both reading easy reader books....the favorite right now is Go, Dog. Go! (who doesn't remember this classic?)We discovered this recently when Chris picked up some of his cousin's Bob books while on vacation. He just started reading them. I was blown away, because although I knew that he knew his letters and letter sounds, I had never sat down with him and tried to see if he could really put the sounds together and read. Well, he did.
But don't think it's only Chris' thing....Nate read the whole Go, Dog. Go! book to me this morning! Reading is a HUGE milestone in development. I guess that is why I am so excited because I remember many of my first graders who really struggled, and could barely read at this level by the end of the school year.
Maybe Cat in the Hat next? Who knows. Looks like we need to take a trip to the library to find more books! Way to go, guys.

No comments: