Thursday, September 6, 2007

when do fart sounds start to be funny?....

...well, I guess it's on the exact day that you turn 31/2.
I was tucking the boys in for their nap today, and they were doing lots of monkeying around. I was leaning over giving Nate a goodnight kiss when from across the room Chris let out a big toot. In the past, they've pretty much ignored the delightful sounds that they make. But today, with that fart, it was suddenly VERY FUNNY to him. He started laughing (of course, I was trying to ignore the whole thing, so that he'd settle down and take his nap). Then, without missing a beat, Chris started making fart sounds with his mouth, and the ever-popular blowing air onto his arm to create the sound. He thought he was just so funny!
Of course, Nate picked up on what was going on, and started laughing and making his own rendition of various fart sounds. As he was doing this, a real one accidently snuck out! That made him start to laugh even harder. It was all so comical, that I couldn't help but start laughing outloud, too. We were all just laughing at the absurdity of the situation. I have to say, it WAS pretty darn funny.

No comments: